Anti-Aging Specialist in Houston
At the Houston Wellness Clinic we are focused on new progression in advanced preventative technologies for the early detection, prevention, treatment, and reversal of age-related dysfunction, disorders and diseases. Our anti-aging approach is centered on the foundation of good macro and micro-nutrition, including the consumption of plant-based anti-oxidants and phytonutrients. To widen the gap between chronological and biological age we need to understand the role of gene expression in aging and how diet interacts with gene expression in a positive way.
Our aim is to let you look younger and feel younger with the help of bio-identical hormone replacement, custom IV therapies, sexual health, energy aids and weight loss. There are a limited number of times a cell can replicate, which determines cellular "senescence ". This DNA replication is governed by an inherent genetic code within the cell, and by the amount of accumulated damage within the cell. Our function at the clinic is to find and minimize this damage, thereby prolonging cell life and creating an anti-aging paradigm.
Anti-aging or Restorative Medicine concentrates its efforts on correcting the derangement in the body of its physiological processes that have gone off-center due to imbalances or deficiencies in the body's hormones and body chemistry. This restoration is to get the body to obtain optimal physiological levels. When the body is in imbalance because of a disorder in body chemistry, the goal is to restore balance and physiology to correct the cause of the disease.Back to Top
Part of the anti-aging paradigm is a strong shift towards Preventative Medicine. Despite the proliferation of drugs and new medical technologies, nothing has changed much. Almost everything doctors learn in medical schools is about treating patients based on research done by drug companies. Most doctors have little basic knowledge of natural hormones, nor do they have a clear understanding of the factors that influence the aging process, or what causes degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, Macular Degeneration, Erectile dysfunction, Hypercholesterolemia, Osteoporosis, etc.Back to Top
In each aging person, mitochondrial dysfunction plays a central role. It is every person's personal responsibility to ensure optimal mitochondrial function and structure. Although there are many compounds that support mitochondrial function, it is critical that new mitochondria (Mitochondrial Biogenesis) take place. As part of an anti-aging approach, this involves taking natural substances that increase M.B. It is the failure to reverse the deadly decline in functional mitochondria that underlies degenerative and premature aging. Fundamentally, the development of cancer is also linked to mitochondrial dysfunction (mutations are caused by increased formation of free radicals that arise as a result of the decline in energy production from reduced mitochondrial function). This process is also enhanced by poorer control of tumor suppressor genes due to a decrease of functional mitochondria.
In addition, to the taking of specific mitochondrial regenerative compounds, there are other easily adopted lifestyle changes that need to be embraced that slow the degenerative process. These include:
- Natural supplements that decrease chronic inflammation which causes injury to both vessels and cells
- Changes in lifestyle and diet which decrease the amount of free radical formation and oxidative stress on the body
- Reduce abnormal high intake of sugars and refined carbohydrates leading to the production of increased levels of extremely damaging end-glycation products
- Avoid over-subscribing of prescription medications and their attendant side-affects
- Included in this preventative program is the need to take certain essential fatty acids, certain vitamins and phytonutrients that today's Western diet fails to provide
- Avoid toxic exposure to pesticides, solvents, certain plastics and household cleaning solutions
- Maintain only conservative intake of alcohol, avoidance of tobacco smoke and other toxic heavy metals
- Of great importance in the preservation of optimal function is the insuring of optimal hormonal function with bio-identical hormone replacement. As the body ages most hormone production decreases except Cortisol (stress hormone). To optimize the body's physiological status, these need to be replaced. Learn more about our Bioidentical Hormones Treatment plan.
All of these steps are fairly easily managed. This is an enjoyable and practical program that will allow one to live long enough and healthy enough to take full advantage of the biotech and nanotech advances that have already begun, and are occurring at an accelerated pace.
Overall, Dr. Allibone is a specialist at anti-aging practices by looking specifically at each individual patient and creating a unique health game plan that will put each patient on the path to optimal health. Back to Top
"After reviewing my medical history Dr. Allibone noticed my sister died of breast cancer and asked me why I was taking Premarin... After a few weeks on the bio-identical hormones I was feeling better and my hot flashes were down to a minimum which was something I had not experienced in 12 years..." - Patricia M