Cancer Fighting Strategies
There are many different strategies when it comes to fighting cancer. These can vary depending on each patient's medical history, lifestyle, gender, etc. and therefore should be tailored individually to ensure the highest rate of success. Dr. Allibone specializes in extremely individualized health plans depending on each different patient.
Steps to Take
It's important to establish whether or not underlying toxic metals are present. This is done with an Intravenous Chelation Challenge.
Eliminate Oxidative Stress
- Proper diet
- Antioxidants, including Vitamins A, E, C, and D3. Extremely effective antioxidants include N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC), Alpha-lipoic acid, Superoxide dismutase, and Grape seed extract.
Ensure a proper functioning digestive tract
- Good diet
- Enzymes and hydrochloric acid to aid digestion especially in the aging population
- Colonics (plus probiotics post-procedure)
- Keep meat consumption down. Arachidonic acid gives rise to inflammatory changes.
Support Liver Function
- Low alcohol consumption
- Milk thistle
- Dandelion root
- Active principle of vitamin A is Abscisic acid; liver is needed for its conversion
- Alkylglycerols (ultramarine shark liver oil)
- Shark cartilage: sharks probably have these two substances to thank for their low incidence of cancer, anti-angiogenic
- Immune-enhancing therapies
- Transfer factors from 4Life (4-life immune transfer factors tri-factor therapy)
- Glutathione (contains three essential amino-acids, cysteine, glutamine and glycine; also present is valine)
- Vitamin A (abscisic acid neutralizes the protective HCG to cancer cells, so the associated microbes often found in cancer cells stop growing)
- Pranosine and Ziovirax
- T/Tn antigen cancer vaccine (useful except in brain cancer as it passes poorly into the blood-brain barrier)
- Bromelain (pineapple)
- Green tea (Houston Wellness Clinic sells great-tasting and extremely healthy, pure, and natural green tea)
- Mushroom extract (nutratose/immune-enhancer/Leuco-zepin/immune (isotonics)
- Mint (due to presence of phenolic acid)
- Echinacea (increases NK cell, or natural killer cell; also contains arabinogalactin)
- Olive leaf extract
- Beta-glucans (found in whey protein)
- Sarsaparilla/red clover/burdock root/chlorella/spirulina (last two aid growth and immune system repair)
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin A
Specific Cancer Aids
- Exercise - Moderate exercise needed at least 30 minutes/day. If partaking in strenuous exercise, increase antioxidant intake.
- Hydration - Maintain adequate hydration at all times. Your urine should remain pale yellow in color (except if taking B vitamins and drinking lots of carrot juice). Drink alkaline water whenever possible. Install an alkaline water filter for the kitchen faucet (test water after installation is complete and add alkaline drops).
- Evamor (Whole Foods and Central Market)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Homemade lemonade (sparkling water plus 2-3 lemons with Stevia)
- Aloe vera juice
- Green tea or green herbal tea (www.suffuseusa.com)
- Avoid EMF (Electro-Magnetic Frequency) as a precaution since there is still reason to believe that this leads to cancer. Do not sit near TV, avoid being near microwave/microwave cooking when possible, cell phones, fluorescent lights, and living near power lines.
- Balance hormones
- Maintain correct estrogen/progesterone balance
- Maintain appropriate levels of DHEA (immune modulator)
- Infra-red sauna
- Support adrenal glands
- Mood downgraders: Gaba, St. John's Wort, Vallerian root, Kavakava, 5 hydroxy-triptophan)
- B-Haelin (fermented soy), available at Houston Wellness Clinic
- Immunocal (whey protein), available at Houston Wellness Clinic
- Modified citrus pectin (attaches to cancer cells and prevents metastases)
- Palladium lipoic acid (administered through IV and orally)
- Graviola (anti-angiogenetic)
- Mega-dose vitamin C
Foods to Avoid
- Processed foods
- Simple carbohydrates
- Refined foods
- Saturated fats and partially hydrogenated fats
- Red meats – consume only in small quantities, and take enzymes anti-inflammatories (arachidonic acid sets up inflammatory cascade)
- Foods with additives, colorings and preservatives
- Eat only organic fruits and vegetables when possible
- Avoid foods that come in a container - tin, box or carton
- Caffeine, especially coffee (dehydrates, may interfere with sleep, acidifies, and causes increased secretion of calcium, magnesium and potassium)
- Avoid alcohol in excessive amounts (liver injury, depletes B vitamins, dehydrates, acidifies, damages brain cells and depresses the bone marrow). Take anti-alcohol antioxidants when expecting to consume more than two drinks.
- Raw foods to avoid: oysters, undercooked eggs, clams and sushi (possibility of infection)
- Mushrooms (high in selenium and B-vitamins)
- Berries (the darker the berries, the higher the antioxidant level) - Good dark berries include blackberries, acai, super berries, and currants. Blueberries may acidify.
- Wheat germ
- Cruciferous vegetables (high in phytonutrients, alkaline, lutein and zeaxanthin, the last two of which are powerful antioxidants)
- Leafy green vegetables
- Wheat grain
- Citrus fruits - Grapefruit contains monoterpenes that sweep carcinogens out of the body and alkalinizes it. Oranges and lemons contain limonene, which stimulates Natural Killer Cells (NKC).
- Carrot soup, sweet potatoes, lentils (acidify), curry spices (great source of anti-inflammatory due to presence of turmeric)
- Ginger (helpful against ovarian cancer)
- Avocados (rich in potassium, and helpful in mouth cancer)
- Nuts - Brazil nuts are high in selenium, containing quercetin and campferol that protect against many cancers
- Red wine and dark chocolate - Both contain polyphenols that protect against many cancers. They also both acidify, and red wine contains significant amounts of resveratrol for anti-aging purposes.
- Seaweed - Contains chlorophylones, important fatty acids that help fight cancer. Seaweed also alkalinizes and acts as an effective detoxifier.
- Asparagus - Part of the Lily (Liliacea) family, alongside onions and garlic. It is a detoxifier, alkalinizer, anti-inflammatory, and has good anti-cancer properties due to its high levels of folate. Cancer patients must take extra supplementation of tetra-hydrofolic acid. Asparagus also contains vitamin K, which helps prevent osteoporosis. It is also rich in potassium, and vitamin A.
- Green tea/black tea (both contain Kaempferol which is effective against ovarian cancer)
- Tumeric/curcumin (curry powder)- This inhibits cyclo-oxygenase (cox 2), which is significantly raised in cases of inflammatory disease and cancer.
- Papaya - Contains high levels of antioxidants (20 times the antioxidant level of vitamin E). Papaya also contains papain which helps in digestion.
One has to be practical about consumption of these foods since one has to ingest some acidifying foods as part of a varied diet. This issue is overcome by ensuring that alkaline foods outweigh the acidic foods, drinking alkaline water with the meal, and combining alkaline smoothies with meals.
- Alkaline foods: alfalfa, beets, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower/cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers/celery, eggplant, green beans/green peas, lettuce/arugula/spinach, onions/garlic, mushrooms, peppers, pumpkins, radishes, and tomatoes
- Acidifying foods: blueberries, cranberries, currants, plums/prunes, corn, lentils, olives, grains such as oatmeal, bread, noodles, macaroni, quinoa, spaghetti, pasta and rice
- Acidifying oils/fats: olive oil, canola oil, corn oil, safflower oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, hemp seed oil, and avocado oil
- Acidifying sweeteners: carob, corn syrup, sugar, honey, artificial sweeteners except Stevia
- Acidifying alcohols: beer, hard liquor/spirits, wine
- Other foods: cocoa, catsup, coffee, black tea, pepper, vinegar
- Other alkalinizing foods: bee pollen, green juice, blackstrap molasses, probiotics, vegetable juice, soured dairy products
- Acidifying beans/legumes: almond milk, rice milk, chick peas, soy beans, soy milk
- Alkalinizing fruits: apples, bananas, avocados, apricots, blackberries, cantaloupes, cherries, dates, grapes, grapefruit, lemons, limes, oranges/tangerines, pears, pineapples, raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes, watermelons
- Alkalinizing proteins: almonds, whey protein, chestnuts
- Alkalinizing spices: cinnamon, curry, ginger, mustard
- Acidifying animal protein: beef, pork, chicken, turkey, rabbit, cod, haddock, salmon, sardines, shell fish, clams, oysters, veal, venison, lamb, corned beef, sausage
As you can see, there are many different strategies when fighting cancer. These can vary depending on each patient's medical history, lifestyle, gender, etc. and therefore should be tailored individually to ensure the highest rate of success. Contact Houston Wellness Clinic to schedule an appointment and receive your individualized health plan.
"I was diagnosed 2 years ago with highly malignant tumor of the brain... 95% of my tumor was removed surgically. I then ambarked on a course of anti-cancer therapy advocated by Dr. Allibone. At present it appears there is no return, or increase in size of the residual tumor..." - William M. (Brain Cancer)