Prolozone therapy is a homeopathic oxygen-ozone injection technique used to help manage joint pain. Ozone is the most active form of oxygen. Prolozone therapy uses the power of ozone and oxygen to stimulate damaged tissues, joints, ligaments, cartilage and tendons to regenerate, which can help manage painful degeneration in hip, knee, shoulder and posterior spinal joints (facet joints). Other joints, including the sacroiliac, the elbow and the ankle can also benefit.
Ozone supplies oxygen for energy production and activates membrane receptors to stimulate and mediate various growth factors and enable tissue regeneration. By inducing circulating fibroblasts and increasing the NAD/NADH ratio, it helps repair damaged tissue.
Conditions it Manages
Prolozone therapy can provide relief for many types of muscular and joint pain, including:
- Chronic neck and back pain (maintenance therapy can be beneficial if continual occupational stress or injury occurs)
- Overused joint injuries
- Weakened joints from prior injury
- Heel spurs
- Non-union fractures (prolozone therapy in combination with supplements and IVs will facilitate osteoblastic or bone-healing activity)
- Painful scars (in combination with procaine and neural therapy)
- Pelvic disorders
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-operative pain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Sports injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
At Houston Wellness Clinic, for patients with neck, back or other joint pain, we first do muscle testing to evaluate the root cause of specific joint pain. Once this has been determined, we can begin prolozone therapy, which is a four-step process:
- Homeopathic anti-inflammatories are injected into the affected area to increase blood flow to the region and reduce swelling and inflammation. We also use supplements to increase blood flow, as well as pulsed electromagnetic field therapy and warming diodes to stimulate cellular repair.
- Ozone, mixed with stem cells that are removed from the patient’s blood and concentrated by centrifuging the blood, is injected into the joint. The process is quick and painless, although we do the procedure under local anesthesia. It costs about 10 to 15 percent of present intra-articular PRP stem cell therapy.
- An additional amount of ozone, apart from the stem cells, is supplied with oxygen and injected into the affected area.
- The affected area is treated with vitamins and minerals, which are critical for healing.
Response to prolozone therapy varies from patient to patient, with the majority of people experiencing pain need between three to five rounds. Prolozone therapy is different than prolotherapy, as the latter causes pain for days, even weeks, after an injection. In contrast, prolozone therapy usually provides immediate pain relief after just one injection. Prolozone therapy also costs less and requires fewer injections than prolotherapy.
For more information about prolotherapy or to make an appointment with Dr. Allibone, visit us online.Back to Top
Learn more about how the Houston Wellness Clinic manages Prolozone Therapy.Request Consultation