This disorder is characterized by the subjective sensations of ringing in the ears, buzzing, humming, chirping, or hissing without the presence of environmental noise. Tinnitus can be the symptom of almost any disorder. This condition affects 35 million Americans, with 12 million being severely affected. Tinnitus may disappear spontaneously, or after eradication of the cause.
- Ear infections
- Blocked ear canal
- Drugs such as aspirin
*This is not a complete list and if you are experiencing these symptoms it is not guaranteed you have Tinnitus.Back to Top
- Remove the cause (eliminate high blood pressure)
- If loud noises in occupation - musician, airport worker, hunter, construction worker, etc. wear ear plugs
- Avoid irritants such as nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, tonic water, or loud noises
- Reduce Stress (to reduce impact of tinnitus practice relaxation techniques)
- Avoid factors that cause build-up of fluid in the ear - swimming, salt, etc.
- Dietary Supplements â€“ very specified combination including Vitamins, Magnesium, Zinc, and others that can bring relief over time when taken on a regular basis.
Overall, Dr. Allibone uses a very individualized approach to find the root of the issue in each patient. By using this specialized method, the clinic can put each patient on the path to optimal health.Back to Top
Learn more about how the Houston Wellness Clinic manages Tinnitus.Request Consultation
If we fill our hours with regrets of yesterday and with worries of tomorrow, we have no today in which to enjoy our existence. Seize the day, and take control of your health and life. How you are going to live those tomorrows will depend on how you act and choose today. - George Allibone M.D.